Online giving is now available to anyone – parishioner or guest – who prefers this method to manage their stewardship commitment to our church. Some of you have questions about this new donation tool. We answer them here:
How do I sign up?
Go to the Mother of God Church website at http://www.mother-of-god.org. Click on the word “Donate” in the top right-hand corner of the menu bar, which will take you to our giving page. Then:
- For your first online gift, you will need to create an account. Fill in the information, including payment details if you intend to give using a credit card. If you prefer to have your gift withdrawn from your bank account, click on “Find Out How” under “Payment Details.” (Note: You can search for Mother of God using our parish quickcode, which is mog.)
- Enter the amount you want to give and the frequency of the gift.
- Choose the fund where you want your donation to go. The general fund is unrestricted and covers operating costs and other expenses. The memorial fund goes for the maintenance of the building. Additional funds at this time include the sound system and the elevator.
- There is a processing fee for each gift, which will be displayed. You can choose to cover the processing fee, or the parish will pay the cost.
- At the bottom of the giving page is a memo line. We suggest you type in the number that is on your giving envelopes.
- Click on the “Give Now” button to conclude the process.
Is it secure?
FaithStreet processes all payments through Balanced Payments, which is also the processor of choice for GroupMe (a division of MicroSoft) and Reddit, one of the largest sites on the internet. They provide superior security with a 256-bit encrypted SSL (HTTPS) connection.
How do I sign up for text donations?
To set up your account for one-time text donations:
- Save our giving number to your contacts — 646-832-4848
- Text the amount you’d like to give, e.g., “25”, to our giving number
- Click on the link you receive, input our parish quickcode, mog, then fill out and submit the setup form.
- The next time you text an amount to the giving number, the gift will be processed immediately.
Does this mean we will no longer have offertory envelopes?
No. Weekly offertory envelopes will still be available to registered parishioners. However, our hope is that as more people choose to give online, we can reduce the expense of printing and mailing envelopes each month.
What are the advantages of online giving?
Online giving offers convenience for you – you can set up a recurring gift and not worry about it when you have to be away from the parish. Likewise, you won’t need to carry cash or a checkbook, which can be forgotten, misplaced or stolen. You will also receive a report of your online giving activity to track what you’ve given over the year, which is especially helpful when tax time comes around.
For the parish, online giving provides a more consistent revenue stream, which helps with budgeting for weekly and monthly expenses.
Is there a deadline to sign up?
No. You can sign up at any time. It’s easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
Don’t see the answer to your question here? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.