COVID-19 is disrupting life as we know it in ways we never imagined, e.g,, the cancellation of public Masses. But the health and safety of our parish family is our number-1 priority.
Closing churches also has other consequences, including a drop in weekly collections. This poses a challenge in meeting operating expenses, especially if the closure is prolonged.
To head off that situation at Mother of God, we offer the option of online giving through FaithStreet.com, a company that offers a giving platform with superior security via a 256-bit encrypted SSL (HTTPS) connection.
Go to the Mother of God homepage and click on the word “Donate” in the top right-hand corner of the menu bar, which will take you to our giving page. Then:
- For your first online gift, you will need to create an account. Fill in the information, including payment details if you intend to give using a credit card. If you prefer to have your gift withdrawn from your bank account, click on “Find Out How” under “Payment Details.” (Note: You can search for Mother of God using our parish quickcode, which is mog.)
- Enter the amount you want to give and the frequency of the gift.
- Choose the fund where you want your donation to go. The general fund is unrestricted and covers operating costs and other expenses. The memorial fund goes for the maintenance of the building. Additional funds at this time include the sound system and the elevator.
- There is a processing fee for each gift, which will be displayed. You can choose to cover the processing fee, or the parish will pay the cost.
- At the bottom of the giving page is a memo line. We suggest you type in the number that is on your giving envelopes.
- Click on the “Give Now” button to conclude the process.
The next time you want to access your account, you only need to sign in with your email address and password. If you’ve set up regularly scheduled gifts, these will be deducted from your credit card or bank account automatically. You can go in at any time to change the amount or frequency of your gift.
Text Your Gift
We are also excited to offer a text donation tool, in which you use your smartphone for one-time gifts. After a one-time setup, text donations are processed immediately. To do this:
- Save our giving number to your contacts – 646-832-4848
- Text the amount you’d like to give, e.g., “25”, to our giving number
- Click on the link you receive, input our parish quickcode, mog, then fill out and submit the setup form.
- The next time you text an amount to the giving number, the gift will be processed immediately.
Note: If you are not comfortable using the online giving option, you can also mail your donation to:
Mother of God Church
119 W. Sixth Street
Covington, KY 41011